Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Random sports roundup

- I hope I'm completely off-base on this thing, but I've got a feeling that the search for Georgia's next head coach for the men's basketball program is going to get pretty embarassing. First, you've got a successful coach with SEC ties turning down your offer of $7 million more, brand new training facilities and a recruiting hotbed just waiting to be tapped into, and now it seems that the rest of the candidates are hedging their bets ... particularly with the Memphis job remaining open.

- I've got a suggestion for Denver ... trade Jay Cutler to Detroit for the No. 1 draft pick, take Matthew Stafford and see if the John Elway comparisons hold up.

- As I noted on my Facebook status last week, I really haven't followed much of the NCAA Tournament. I just haven't gotten into college basketball this year, probably because Georgia was so awful this year. Still, Tim talked me into watching Villanova-Pittsburgh, which was one of the better games I've seen in a while. My allegiance to North Carolina holds though, and I'm banking on the Tar Heels this weekend.

- And, of course, posting will get kinda light next week as I make my annual trek to Augusta for The Masters. Granted Tiger Woods's win last week at Bay Hill was amazing, but I haven't decided who I should put my money on. I think Phil Mickelson's playing the best, but I don't want to let my personal bias get in the way. I've also got a good feeling about Camilo Villegas, and I can't rationalize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment