Thursday, March 19, 2009

Couple of things

- Watkinsville's pondering retail sales of alcohol, which makes a lot of sense seeing how I can easily buy a six-pack of Bud Light from the Golden Pantry down the street from my house, but can't do so two miles or so when I turn to the right from the same gas station.

- Wow. Can't say I disagree with this editorial in the slightest, but it's funny to see it so early in the cycle. Granted, Sen. Ralph Hudgens is a rather pathetic shame of an elected representative who aims to serve the insurance lobbyists he's supposed to regulate and monitor more than the actual folks who, for no good reason whatsoever, keep sending the man back to Atlanta, but no matter. Still, if nothing else, it would spare this area from his lunacy (and I'd be happy to consider organizing 'Democrats for Seth Harp' if it would sink Hudgens in the GOP primary).

- Then again, Tim Echols is running for District 47, so I suppose it's all relative.

- I've got a few thoughts on the whole 'Morris Communications is gonna cut worker pay to hold on to its high profit margin rates' situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment