Thursday, March 12, 2009

Welcome (back)

As everyone knows, I run the Safe As Houses blog that is now located at Tondee's Tavern. I started SaH in 2004, largely because I missed writing and wanted to keep doing it. I didn't really know what a blog was or why people did it, but it only took a few posts to get drawn in.

The strength of SaH, I felt, was its focus on news and commentary affecting Athens-Clarke County and Oconee County. And, when I moved over to Tondee's Tavern earlier this year, I think that content suffered the most (and, it should be noted, where I received the most comments). As a result, that local focus is returning with Beyond The Trestle, thus enabling me to safely split the local coverage of this area from the larger progressive commentary I aim to provide at Tondee's Tavern.

So imagine this venture as a return to the old Safe As Houses, with even more focus on local issues in these communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment