Friday, May 22, 2009

Couple of things

- I've got some news on the possibility of some significant changes regarding Athens-Clarke County's driveways ordinance, and it could feature lots of unintended consequences.

- This is a good analysis on the credit card reform that will be signed into law today, and I agree that the most problematic thing is the fact that folks who pay off their balances in full will face fees. I'd like to see us help move consumers to a more responsible lifestyle when it comes to debt management and punishing folks who pay off their debt regularly seems completely backward to me. Granted the overwhelming bulk of the legislation is very good news, but this element bugs me (not that I ever have to worry about paying off my debt on a monthly basis).

- Cracking down on the property owners of these blighted properties is a massive step in the right direction (though I'd have even pushed for higher annual fees), and hopefully the community can start to see some promising redevelopment and renovation in areas that sorely need it.

- Just keep the damn game in Jacksonville. Georgia didn't lost 16 out of the last 19 games because of the location of the contest, but rather because for most of those 16 losses Florida was just a lot better ... and the other times came when the Bulldogs just absolutely froze up upon seeing the 'Gators' logo on the other team's helmets.

- Very nicely done Lisa Caine.

No comments:

Post a Comment