Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Very impressive

I think this is a really cool story - and a really cool decision - by Sandi Turner and Chris Wyreck. I know both of them (Turner better than Wyreck), and I have to say that I'm impressed, awed and somewhat inspired by their decision to put their money where they mouth is (literally in a sense).

I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to pull off such a feat ... though, to be fair, buying local is not something that ranks high on my list of things to do. And, as I talked about earlier this year, I think much of the statistical evidence suggesting 68 cents of every dollar spent locally stays in the community can by counterbalanced by evidence showing the ripple effect those regional and national chains have on the local economy. Plus, I think good customer service is something that is more indicative of a particular store's managerial approach and customer relations rather than it being 'local' or 'national' in nature.

OK, now I'm being nit-picky when I shouldn't be ... it's a good story, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment