Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Just an observation or two

I'm not entirely sure how Charlie Maddox can officially join the race for Athens-Clarke County mayor when he's been declared as a candidate - and reported as such in the media - for almost half a year now. Eventually you have to realize there are other ways to garner some press outside of merely saying 'hey ... I'm running for mayor!'

All of that said, we seem to casually forget Brandon Shinholser, who is a local student running for mayor. Granted, if Shinholser cracks 400 votes in the upcoming election I'll be floored, but crazier things have happened.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that Shinholser actually is ahead of all candidates so far if we compare the groundwork that has already been laid. I give the young-shooter respect for just stepping up. I just that his actions can back up his rhetoric (and his expensive website.)

    ReplyDelete