Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Rep. Bobby Franklin: Ready for war

Via SWGA News, we find ourselves in the department of too-insane-to-believe-yet-it-horrifyingly-could-be-accurate news as Rep. Bobby Franklin is openly calling for an armed insurrection against the government.

I like Grift's take ...

Many years ago, when I signed on as a state employee, I was required to take an oath avowing that I was not a communist and had no desire to overthrow the government. It was a quaint, archaic ritual which meant little to a south Georgia boy desperate for a job.

I'm not sure if state employees are still forced through the same weird process, but wouldn't it be an odd world where an hourly file clerk has to swear to all that's holy he won't storm the Capitol steps but a man who squats in its innards 40 days a year can call for spilt blood?