Wednesday, November 18, 2009

'Steal my bill, please.'

You mean point-of-sales tax collection isn't an awful idea? Gosh, color me stunned.

From the campaign blog of Rep. DuBose Porter ...

Key Republican leadership allowed the bill I co-sponsored in last year’s session, HB356, the “point of sale bill,” (Read “The Billion Dollar Crack” below for more details) die in committee. Today they are acting as if it is something they just thought up and are backing it. I say welcome aboard, and ‘steal my bill, please.’ It will be good for Georgia.

I have been campaigning around Georgia promoting my common sense approach to government. For the first time, you, the people this government is set up to represent, are actually getting to hear about many of the detrimental decisions being made regarding policy in Georgia. Through my campaign for governor, Georgians are learning about HB356, the "point of sale bill", and they like it. The key Republican leadership can no longer continue to hold it down and have started to try and make it their own. Welcome aboard.