Thursday, September 10, 2009

The success (?) of New Media

I suppose this is one for social media, but a really weird health care debate, of sorts, is evolving in the comments section at Blake's blog.

Jeff Snowden prodded Ryan Lewis and Andy Rusk on some more specifics regarding their views on the issues, and somehow a four-person forum was loosely organized to accommodate the three of them and another individual who'd be 'on Snowden's side' (rumor has it to be Matt Chastain). Snowden contacted Tim Bryant with WGAU about the possibility of the four of them appearing on his show, and the latter confirmed to me the former was willing to host it.

Of course, the debate broke down afterward as Lewis said he didn't want to wake up that early (which means he wouldn't last a second in my house where The Kid has me up around 6:15 a.m. each morning).

With all due respect to all of the individuals, I'm flat-out puzzled at who would really want to listen to a freelance writer/musician debate a marketing/advertising professional on health care ... but, then again, folks read my blog, so I should probably remember that phrase about glass houses and stones.

Anyway ... I suppose we'll be waiting for blogger wars to come to life, sort of like those traveling Sesame Street productions that make their way to the Gwinnett Arena.