Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Couple of things

- This is an interesting read, not for its impact on the land use plan - which, to be fair, I agree with Athens-Clarke County District Five Commissioner David Lynn's assessment that the actions of 2000 settled that debate for this development - but rather for its exploration of the constructive negotations between the developer and the local government. There was an apparent recognition between both sides that there was a common goal in sight, and the only thing needed to do was find a workable solution for all parties. It's a good example of how business ought to proceed from here on out.

- I can't figure out of this is a good idea or not. It's arguably the more cost-effective one, but it seems to me that a large portion of the prisoners being housed wouldn't fall into the 'non-violent' or 'older' category, thus meaning I'm not sure how much relief it would provide.

- Gosh, I wish my bank was this flexible with my mortgage.

- Pete has kind words for Jason, and I echo them.

- I'm not sure The Georgia Power Ponzi Scheme is unconstitutional, though it's definitely an unethical piece of legislation.

- Blake talks about the locals not trusting Rep. Paul Broun, and who can blame him. The guy's an embarassment to the area.

- It seems The Kid has come down with Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease which, fortunately, is not to be confused with Hoof and Mouth Disease. It sounds a lot worse than it is and, apparently, is highly contagious. So we're all kind of lazy and stiff with mouth ulcers.