Thursday, July 23, 2009

Couple of things

- Lots of intraparty squabbling in the race for governor. Republican candidate John Oxendine lashed out at Gov. Sonny Perdue's decision to furlough teachers, while Democratic candidate David Poythress continued his crusade against Roy Barnes by blasting out an email blaming the former governor for the water problem Georgia currently faces.

- I agree with Blake ... on the whole, Pat Graham seems creepily rational for someone coming from a district represented by Sen. Ralph Hudgens.

- A pair of nice commentaries on E.H. Culpepper. Loran Smith traces his Athenian roots, while Brian Brodrick talked about Culpepper's visionary leadership.

- Commenter 'ihateregisteringido' offered some quality criticism, er, random insults in response to my column. So, to address his concerns ... actually, I was asked by the editorial staff at the Athens Banner-Herald to submit a weekly column (and, every once in a while, two columns per week). And I have no comments because I don't permit comments, though I do have a handy email address listed on the right side of this page were I sift through several messages, tips and inquiries per day. Thanks for playing though.

- If Adam LaRoche is the answer for my slumping Red Sox, I'm not sure I want to know the question.