Monday, October 12, 2009

Couple of things

- Based on recent reports, Oconee County Commissioner Chuck Horton is the swing vote on the joitn economic partnership with Athens-Clarke County. I've argued for it all along, but this is a good deal for both parties, and it's my hope tomorrow's forum encourages folks to get behind it.

- Back during my sports reporter days, Gary Cleveland would amble his way over to my desk to discuss how his Hart County Bulldogs were doing. They were infrequent talks, but ones I enjoyed. Rest in peace, Gary, and thoughts and prayers with your family.

- Barry Palevitz has a letter defending my column against Ronald Houser's earlier criticism, which is appreciated. But, to be fair, even Palevitz's commentary is a bit off-base. My central point was that Christ knows no ideology, which is an invention of man, and attempting to pigeonhole him in one (or restrict him from another) is misguided.

- Myra Blackmon's column on the jail is a must-read.