Saturday, October 10, 2009

Nancy Denson, Facebook and single moms

It's awfully early, but Nancy Denson is already running afoul of area progressives.

Ryan Lewis, who is well known in these parts for his questioning of Rep. Paul Broun Jr. at an Oconee County town hall, has taken to Facebook to organize support for an Athens Land Trust project that he claims Denson, who is running for Athens-Clarke County mayor, opposes.

From Lewis's Facebook page ...

Some Republicans opposing the Athens Land Trust project have formed a Forest Heights homeowners association claiming to represent the whole neighborhood. I have owned my house here for 4 years and wasn't contacted. Neither was anyone else I know here.

They are running a racist campaign to keep affordable housing out of our neighborhood. They don'(t) ... Read Moret speak for me and I intend to make that clear. I'd like to start an informal Forest Heights Community Alliance to speak for the progressives in the neighborhood.

Who's in? ...

Also Tax Commissioner Nancy Denison - who is running for mayor - said she doesn't want single mothers living in our neighborhood.

She'll be mayor over my dead body.

Just putting that out there.