Friday, August 14, 2009

Changes afoot

I hinted at some changes yesterday and, it ought to be noted, that as of now they're directed more along the lines of content and expansion. While I would really enjoy a complete site redesign, I simply lack the expertise to do such an overhaul myself and don't have the necessary resources to invest in such a venture.

What is going to happen, though, is some old-fashioned growth on two fronts.

First, I'm pleased to add someone to the Beyond The Trestle team (which, as of now, is me and a cup of coffee). Martin Matheny, the former communications director for the Democratic Party of Georgia, has graciously agreed to lend his voice to this site. He's a veteran of various local and state races, a talented writer and is one of the best young political minds around. I'm just thrilled to have him coming on board.

Matheny's presence will help out in ways beyond merely bringing a fresh and informed perspective to our dicussions of local and state politics. It's also going to help me with the second front.

Anyone who has followed this blog through its various forms, knows that I got my start in sports reporting. It's always been, quite honestly, my first love. I've dabbled in sports blogging a couple of times the past few years, but nothing really serious though. I'm aiming to change that this time around.

On Monday, I'll officially have The Cover Two up and running. This will be, in all honesty, the third variation of that site, though it will be at a different address so make sure you note that. I'm currently talking to a few folks about joining me in blogging over there, so it will be a work in progress. But our focus will be SEC athletics with a Georgia-centric twist.

Again, it's my hope that I'm able to do some better site layout both here and at The Cover Two, and when the opportunity for those much-needed changes arises, we'll get going on it.

Likewise, we do take advertising at both sites. If you're interested in finding out more information - or have some thoughts about a redesign, content, etc. - shoot me an email at safeashousesathens@gmail.com.

I'm looking forward to all of these additions and expansions, and I hope y'all will enjoy them as well.