Tuesday, August 18, 2009

From the mailbag

Reader JS offers an alternative view on President Obama's health care politics ...

Over the past two years, I have been consistently frustrated by the steps taken by this man. When the Clinton campaign was brutalizing him over non-issues, he kept his cool and won the nomination ... and I would have slapped her down twice as hard and probably lost.

When the McCain campaign picked Sarah Palin, he plowed ahead and watched that duo self-implode and won the presidency ... and I would mercilessly attacked McCain for making such a bonehead move and turned off voters.

When Republicans were chastizing the stimulus, he still sought there advice and put together a massive jolt for a depressed economy that, given all the recent indicators, is beginning to pay off ... and I would have charged ahead by demonizing those opposed to the stimulus.

I'm just saying, time and time again I've been baffled by his actions, and time and time again, he's proven all of us wrong. I just have a hunch that we ought to trust the guy on this one.